How did you do on last week’s action items? Need a reminder of what they were – here you go:
Actions to Improve Organization and Productivity
- Confront your procrastination. Know that procrastination is the intentional and regular pattern of saying or promising you will do something and then not doing it. Be aware of those situations when this occurs. Don’t beat yourself up; just be aware of when it happens. Awareness is the first step to overcoming procrastination.
- Sort through each pile of paper you see today. Tackle the piles on the desks, the tables, and the floor – where ever they are. Throw away the junk and the ads, pay the bills, read the magazines.
- Give yourself a high five because you have committed to being more active each and every day.
Don’t worry if you put some stuff off and still have some piles around. Because life is about activity.
You want more – more money, more fun at work, more things done, more time with friends and family.
That is why ACTIVITY will be your key to living the life you want – both at home and at work.
Life is about doing. At my daughter’s graduation commencement service, there was a young man who gave a speech which struck a chord with everyone sitting close by. I knew it did because you could see the heads bobbing up and down as if they were saying out loud, “Boy he’s right.”
“If there is something to be done, just do it.” That was the young man’s message.
Are you a procrastinator?
- Do you often wait until the last minute to start a project?
- Do you frequently send belated birthday cards?
- How long have you been waiting to clean out your desk, closet, night stand?
- Are you waiting for the “right: time to make that phone call/start exercising?
- Do you say, “I’ll do it tomorrow?”
Slumping down in your chair right now are you? Looking around at those piles of paper and projects you’ve been putting off?
Ok – so what? Let it go because it doesn’t matter where you start – it only matter where you are going!
And you are going to find an hour today because you are going to just start – right here, right now. As my coach tells me (yes, I have a coach too, because who doesn’t need one), don’t judge results, judge activity.
Focus on ACTIVITY!
Answers are revealed through action and action always reveals the next step.
Today’s Actions to Dealing with Your Procrastination NOW!
- N – Note your commitment to confront your procrastination (tell other – write it down);
- O – Own the project; and
- W – Work in small steps.
You’re doing just fine. Don’t worry – change doesn’t happen overnight or even in a week. Change is non-linear; things are always dynamic and life is always happening. But what you are doing, is taking small steps with a systematic approach to getting the kind of day you want. Change will only happen where there is activity so commit to being just a tad bit more active each day.
You can do this. Keep going because isn’t it time for you to be in control?
You’re not doing this alone because I’m here with you. Sign-up for my newsletter and read my Blog – they are full of simple, yet effective strategies to help you improve your daily activity and increase your productivity. You’ll feel better at the end of the day and after all, don’t you deserve that?
Effective Productivity is all about ACTIVITY! You can do this….
Until next time…
No Excuses – Just Results
Did you get up this morning to make a living, or make a difference?